Posted: 4th June 2018 / Apply before: 31st March 2019
Line Chef - The Roebuck, Urmston
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Line Chef at The Roebuck, Urmston.
Are you an enthusiastic, reliable person who has a sizzling ambition to learn? If so, we might just have the perfect job for you to stick your teeth into. At Joseph Holt, we are always expanding our teams, if you want to enjoy your thyme at work, put our customers first and work in a great atmosphere it might be us you’re cooking for.
Joseph Holt is an independent family-owned company, operating over 120 pubs, restaurants and hotels within Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Lancashire, producing a range of award-winning beers from our Brewery in Manchester. We are a friendly family run company that are passionate about what we do.
The Roebuck is a large family dining pub restaurant that offers a wide variety of pub food classics and specially selected wines for even the most discerning diner. The Roebuck is situated on Church Road in Urmston with ample car parking spaces and a superb bowling green to the rear. Since being built in the early 1900s, the pub has retained the original characteristics of the building, yet provides a contemporary feel inside making it an ideal dining destination for the whole family.
The Role Line Chef
The successful Line Chef will be passionate about food quality and standards within the business. You will prepare, cook and present meals to specification and ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, safety and compliance with hygiene regulations. A competitive rate of pay is dependant on each individual and experience. There are full and part-time positions available, the role will also include evening and weekend work.
- You need to be self-motivated, an outgoing person that works well with others and has a real passion for great food.
- You have the ability to remain calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work flexibly according to the needs of the business
- You will have some experience working in a commercial kitchen as a line chef or kitchen assistant.
- Lots of experience is not necessary, however, a willingness to learn and work as part of a team is essential.
- You’ll need an eye for details and be able to work under pressure
- Minimum level 1 food hygiene
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing community pub company, with a genuine focus on people, who are committed to providing excellent training and development. We offer full support throughout your career with an emphasis on continued learning and development. We pride ourselves on our teamwork and if you think you could fit in with us please don’t hesitate to apply; a great future at Holts is waiting for you…
To apply for this position, please click on the APPLY button below to send your CV.