Posted: 18th October 2018 / Apply before: 31st January 2019
Line Chef - The Hayfield, Ormskirk
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Line Chef at The Hayfield pub, Ormskirk.
Are you an enthusiastic, reliable person who has a sizzling ambition to learn? If so, we might just have the perfect job for you to stick your teeth into. At Joseph Holt, we are always expanding our teams, if you want to enjoy your thyme at work, put our customers first and work in a great atmosphere it might be us you’re cooking for.
Joseph Holt is an independent family owned company, operating over 120 pubs, restaurants and hotels within Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Lancashire, producing a range of award-winning beers from our Brewery in Manchester. We are a friendly family run company that are passionate about what we do.
Situated on County Road, in the quiet town of Ormskirk, this attractive pub is a hit with locals and students alike. The interior provides a cosy atmosphere with its big armchairs and open fire and a huge range of cask ales. Due to its location, it is great for those who are on route to the city centre for a night out. The Hayfield offers a delightful pub-food menu at affordable prices, served seven days a week.
The Role: Line Chef
The successful Line Chef will be passionate about food quality and standards within the business. You will prepare, cook and present meals to specification and ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, safety and compliance with hygiene regulations. A competitive rate of pay is dependant on each individual and experience.
- You need to be self-motivated, an outgoing person that works well with others and has a real passion for great food.
- You have the ability to remain calm under pressure in a fast paced environment
- The ability to work flexibly according to the needs of the business
- You will have some experience working in a commercial kitchen as a line chef or kitchen assistant.
- Lots of experience is not necessary, however, a willingness to learn and work as part of a team is essential.
- You’ll need an eye for details and be able to work under pressure
- Minimum level 1 food hygiene
- The role will include working 40+ hours per week which also includes evenings and weekends
Rate of pay is £8.50/Negotiable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing community pub company, with a genuine focus on people, who are committed to providing excellent training and development. We offer full support throughout your career with an emphasis on continued learning and development. We pride ourselves on our teamwork and if you think you could fit in with us please don’t hesitate to apply; a great future at Holts is waiting for you…
To ignite your career as a Line Chef, click on the apply button below to send your CV.