Posted: 29th October 2018 / Apply before: 31st January 2019
Joseph Holt is an independent family owned company, operating over 125 pubs, restaurants and hotels within Greater Manchester and the North West. The company is still expanding, buying new pubs and improving existing fixed assets with our exciting investment programmes.
Since 1849, we have been producing a wide range of beers and lagers from our Brewery in Manchester that has won more awards over the years than we have introduction space!
We are a friendly family run company that are passionate about what we do, who we serve and the people who serve them! With Joseph Holt you have a voice.
It’s an exciting time to join the company and we now have an opportunity for a Filtration Operative to join the team.
What the role is:
You will be the interface between the brewing team and packaging team. Once brewed you will be filtering the beer ready for packaging, maintaining clear communication with both teams to ensure a seamless process and that deadlines are met.
What you’ll be doing will include:
- Filtering of beers in readiness for packaging – taking rough beer and filtering to make bright
- Adjusting beers into specification e.g. by addition of process gases
- CIP (cleaning in place) of tanks and pipework
- Pitching and cropping of yeast to and from lager fermentations
- Beer movements between tanks
- Use of portable beer analysis instruments to ensure beers meet specification
- Cover for brewery fermentation operative
You’ll need to have:
- Previous experience of working within a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude and solutions focused approach
- Demonstrates flexibility, initiative and a willingness to take responsibility
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing community pub company, with a genuine focus on people, who are committed to providing excellent training and development. We offer full support throughout your career with an emphasis on continued learning and development. We pride ourselves on our team work and if you think you could fit in with us please don’t hesitate to apply; a great future at Holt's is waiting for you…
To send us your CV, simply click the apply button below.